So many people I know are stuck — waiting for an answer to prayer. The answer that will help them move forward or make a life-changing decision. Even a little boost to nudge them out of the rut.
They have prayed, fasted, cried out to God and yet — nothing. The silence, the no-answer, seems laced in the question, “Where is God?”
What is the block? What is holding back the answers? Is it just a matter of timing or something much deeper and more important?
The requests of these folks are not for wealth or a better car. They ask for direction and wisdom, for a simple interview that might lead to a job, for a roof over their heads or a definitive place to worship.
But silence echoes in eerie response. Almost as if the back story of the 400 years of silence between the Old Testament and the coming of the Messiah is being replayed.
The dark night of the soul when God seems to be in hiding and we are left to wallow in our frailties.
But hope determines God has not disappeared. Nor is he uncaring. He may be silent but still at work — behind the scenes. Moving puzzle pieces together, then declaring the perfect time for an amazing reveal.
So what do we do when the answers refuse to come? When we feel stuck in an eternal calendar where nothing flips us to the next section?
- Keep believing God WILL answer — in his time. Patience, dear friend, patience.
- Keep praying because God honors persevering prayer. Stay in hope.
- Know God has a plan and he promises it will be a good one. Stay in trust and believe even in the unseen.
- Understand that every season — even seasons of waiting — will eventually end. Keep hoping for your tomorrow.
- Remember we cannot see every detail that relates to our prayer requests. We cannot know the eternal value or the sacred reasoning behind life’s waiting rooms. Mary and Martha did not understand why Jesus waited to heal their brother. A greater miracle was on the horizon.
- Post this verse where you can see it every day: “There is a happy end for the man of peace” (Psalm 37:37 Amplified). This verse has seen me through various waiting periods.
Hope continues to believe, especially when we cannot see how our faith works. As we believe in what we cannot see, we can know a facet of eternal value exists. Even though none of the waiting makes sense.
In the meantime, hope continues — one whispered prayer at a time. Keep believing in that happy end and in the One who will someday make it happen.
©2022 RJ Thesman – For more encouragement, check out Uploading Faith: What It Means to Believe.
Good Verse! Thank you for sharing.
You’re welcome. Thanks for the comment.
Yes it does. Hope continues one whispered prayer at a time.